Thursday, August 26, 2010

Things that make me queasy

Bad dreams.

Unexpected phone calls.

Long forms to complete.

Annabelle's smile on the last page.

Annabelle's shoes----would I have my own daughter in these shoes?

Cold calling.

These are the things that have occurred already this morning.

And they make me queasy- by definition, nauseated, filling ill in the stomach.

I had a bad dream involving all sorts of past demons...
 I was on a trip with my family and some other people I do not care to mention
and these people kept changing (one person came in replaced by another)
and no one seemed to care
about the fact that this trip
was set to promote this book, my book, my baby,

because in this dream only two books were published
and I had lost my publisher somehow.

I suppose I was looking for my publisher and
fighting off these
people/past demons?


Woke up to an unexpected phone call

 and then later realized I have a long form
to complete regarding front and back cover
and it involves me cold calling local
newpapers or book stores
to promote said book.

All of this in the midst of my trip
( Colorado trance
completely
dismissed by queasy things)

So, on this note... I'm off to tackle the Colorado River because
today we are rafting.

Suddenly, I am feeling ill in the stomach all over again-
queasy.

Love nonetheless,
Jenny
x

No comments:

Post a Comment