Sunday, August 15, 2010

Saint's Heart in a Sinner's Skin

Was introduced to this singer/songwriter named Sean McConnell a while back. And, for some reason his words have been repeating themselves over and over in my head on this rainy Sunday.  His lyrics, well, they are pretty right on and brilliant. I am going now to let Mr. McConnell then speak for me in this blog cause he says it perfectly when...

Woke up wasted with whiskey on my breath
I hate the taste of it, the day after regret
I got down on my knees, I said ‘God it’s me again
Don’t quit listening and don’t give up on me yet’


Yeah, I got the best of intentions, but the worst follow through
Sometimes when the night falls, it can cover up the truth
And there’s no excuse, except for everyone I made...
It goes on and on and on and on
Feel like I’m gonna break

This is me---- best of intentions but the worst follow through..... no excuses.. except for the ones I make.
I mean to do well but get all sorts of weak and mess it all up...

Have nothing really left to say except that these are the words I woke up to this morn... and they just seem to fit me. Don't intend to go on being weak. Just saying.

Just saying that's all.

My best----

Jenny
x

No comments:

Post a Comment