Saturday, August 7, 2010

The day my Annabelle came to life.

Here is a personal entry from long ago (near the February ugly days in fact) I discovered. It explains how Annabelle, the little girl from my book, came to me...came to be.

Ideas that come in my sleep like Annabelle's Love



are endless and endless.

But somehow each night, I get more and more peace. This has to mean I am in bit of a better place. I still wake up at random times now, but I can easily fall back asleep.

Anyway, last night as I registered the events that had taken place this day, I had this idea.


You see, I feel I am in this predicament because I have never loved myself first... I have never truly known my self-worth. I apparently have a very low opinion of myself. This is evident by the choices I have made and continue to make in life. This is the reason why I sit here at 35 seeking "something" in all sorts of places....to help me seek happiness.

I wondered how this has happened to me. I mean where did my self-esteem go? When did I miss the lesson on my self-worth?


I suppose I never had it from the start and I have this idea as to why.


Here it goes----


In order to believe in yourself, you must see that the women around you do as well-- that the women around you love themselves first- that the women around you know their worth.


I can honestly say that I have never had this woman around me--not as a young girl, not as a young teen- not then- not now .... At all.


So I'm thinking... many of me exist in this world. I know they do. I have met them, I share coffee with them, I see them in pathetic situations-in awful relationships. I have seen them forgive and accept things that are unforgivable. I know these MEs in this world.


We are so many.


So I had this idea. And I put it down on paper. And this morning I typed it up in second draft. And then I submitted this draft to this company. And now I am looking for an artist to collaborate with. And now I share this with you all....it is a rough copy and it is intended for those who still have time to change. Who still have time to know their self-worth and put themselves first before anyone else. It is intended for young girls who may not have MEs in their world-- who I hope do NOT have MEs in their world.



2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and heartfelt Jenny. I truly believe that life is a journey and we are always learning and making ourselves better. I think so many woman can relate to your words and many girls will benefit from your book. I can't wait to see it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa,
    I can't tell you how touched I am by your post. You are certainly right... life = journey and I see that now, and I am working on all of that now... thank you so much for your support. I feel so lucky.. I do! x

    ReplyDelete