Wednesday, August 25, 2010

In a Colorado Trance

In short, I've been in a (as per dictionary) hypnotic, cataleptic, and/or ecstatic state.

I'm thinking it may be the elevation, maybe the fresh air???
 or the kind, most-patient locals, but most of all
I think
 it's just the grand beauty that I wake up to everyday so far.

It is lovely here.
And the people are super sweet; they seem truly sincere in fact.
And I'm just well,
taken
by it all.

I call it ...
 in a Colorado trance.
I wonder if this happens to all who visit.

Nevertheless...

This morning I wake up and realize I haven't heard from the editor and/or illustrator
and today is Kiss and Make Up Day so I should probably (being the Marriage Examiner and all ;) write an article about it somehow
and my book is being sent to the Beijing Book Fair and I haven't heard from them
either

sooooo I suppose the trance has come and gone.
But, I hope not because I prefer
smiling
over
frowning
or stressing
much much more.

So, I'm here then to send the appropriate emails to the appropriate people
and to submit this here blog
and then I'm off to

purposely place myself
back again
in this
trance.

In my short-lived Colorado Trance.

All my love,
Jenny
x

1 comment:

  1. This pic here is my favorite for some reason...It is one of this friendly boy and his cat, Trigger.

    ReplyDelete