Thursday, September 30, 2010

I remember...

Days of tan skin and chilled white wine
some sandy feet days and grass-stained shorts
of countless words placed on paper
written and typed with my fingers
or read and read over with my eyes
daydreams filled with bright bright brightness
and hope...lots of hope
of long phone calls and longer emails
busy catching up with sleep
and old memories
Days of clear visions and
moving and swaying hips
of organization of this or that
or photos toyed with over and over again
of small responsibilities but large empty pockets
never the matter
cause they were the days...
the days of summer

and now I remember these days
and feel like reversing time
cause these days
are days of white cold skin and red wine ...lots of red wine
to get me through covered feet and chalk-stained pants
of countless words squeezed in just in the nick of time
written by me not when inspired but when forced
and now words written on paper must be inspected for
spelling and context
now my naps are lost minutes of darkness
and I have hope... lots of it for
a Saturday or a Sunday
long gone are the long phone calls
these days I am a professional texter cause
what needs to get said is said
these days I'm busy catching up with this to do list and that other
one over there
oh  and yes, three more left at home
blurred vision greets me in the morning and late at night
and the only swaying that takes place
involves my dead tired body as it drifts off to bed
where disorganization breathes down my neck
every single second
of my day
and my photos-- wait, what photos?
haven't had a moment to snap
responsibilities is what my days start with
and ends with
those empty pockets?
still empty.

But, I remember...
and I won't forget
so this here is why I write
cause these memories need to get off my chest

And I need to get used to these days of present
they are not so bad...
I guess.

So on this note, I'm off to tackle a duty imposed by these here days.
all my love then,
Jenny

P.S. My proof copy is coming.. .. it's in the mail I heard today...! And next week is the Book Fair in Germany which I am attending...how can I then complain, really?
I mean really???!!
;)
x

No comments:

Post a Comment