Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Hidden Plate

My plate is hidden underneath all the lot I placed upon it. I can't even say" I have a lot on my plate" right now and these days because I can't even see this plate, my plate.

I have about ten books sitting on my nightstand still waiting for me to read.
I have about ten more amazing magazines in a basket my thoughtful brother subscribed me to waiting for me to browse.
I have one article waiting for me to write.
One master's class waiting for me to finish so I can start the other two....(frown face)

About 150 students to plan for
and a classroom waiting to complete with all the final touches.
I have a day's worth of research waiting for me to get on to look for places in which I can sign my books or market it nicely.
I have friends who are sweet enough to forgive my cancellations or my lack of calls (you know who you are)
and a wedding that takes place this weekend taken care of by my family (thank you, sis) who for some reason understands.
I have a treadmill ready for running and a waist pleading for me to do so today.
A house that needs some dusting and some tweaking
and more, much much more.

All of this to do. All of this on my plate.
No wonder I broke down in a fit of pathetic tears last night, spewing nonsense left and right. Thank goodness for bad movies, comfortable couches and listening ears ( you know who you are).

All that's left to say now is that this blog is lousy- plain lousy meant only for me to unleash some frustrations

 and all that's left to hope
 is that my family and friends are still around when this whirlwind ends... if it ever does.
Because without you, well, I know I
can't -just can't.

  And that's all that's left to say about this hidden plate of mine.

Wait for me please.
J
x

2 comments:

  1. I will wait for you BFF :) Hang in there!! (and save the cleaning for last, I always say...it can also wait for you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, is it weird that your comment has made me shed a tear or two? hope not.. you are the bestest BFF any girl can ask for! xxx

    ReplyDelete