Saturday, September 11, 2010

From A- Z on 9/11

Name after name are being read as I type
fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, uncles,
 aunts, sons, daughters, husbands, wives,
cousins, nieces, nephews, friends and more...
much much more

and they all had different eyes, different smiles ...
different faces, different names
these beautiful people

and they all look happy or calm in the
pictures shown for us to see
I think..
they probably all liked different things,
 laughed at different jokes, believed in different ideas,
spoke different languages

all from different backgrounds
and cultures too it seems....

so many differences
all so very different.

BUT what I know is
 they all shed the same blood
on that day

and what I know is
NOW we all shed the
same tears for them


and all I can think as I sit and watch is
when are we all going to learn...?
 when are we all going to realize...?
 that you are like me
and I am like you.

that I have skin that cuts just like yours
blood the color of yours
family who loves just like yours

A heart that hurts just like
yours
I am no different than you; not much more special AT ALL
We are one in the same

Wish all in the world could know this
Wish all in the world could have known
on that day
that hate makes no sense
humans we ALL are and humans
we will always be
regardless of race, color, culture, beliefs, backgrounds and religion
I am like you
and you are like me

Can't you see?

To all those who left us on this day
and to all those who leave us everyday
around the world
in the name of hate...,
I know and I hope
Everyday
 I hope for us, the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment