Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Twenty-Nineteen going on plain & grateful Forty

I am going to make this one short and sweet. So short that it could have been a status update.

See, all I want to share is a sweet epiphany (definition exactly as..."a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.")

I had this "intuitive perception" yesterday morning, the day of my dear best friend's birthday. Yesterday, she turned 39 or as I like to call it "twenty-nineteen". We have been as of late wondering how we have suddenly become so close to 40 and how we are getting so old, yada yada yada... Hence, the desire to call it twenty-nineteen and NOT 39.

Well, as I am sending her the early morning birthday text and reminiscing about our late  conversations, an unexpected emotion or thought fill my mind and heart.

All of a sudden I felt sheer joy with the simple fact that I have lived so long... 38 years going on 39. All of a sudden I felt sheer and sincere gratitude for being blessed to have lived already so long on this earth.

It dawned on me just how lucky I am to be so old...and I realized I have been a fool complaining about getting older and such.

It was as simple as this. I am 38 going on 39 this year and next year I will be going from Twenty-Nineteen to Forty...and in this lifetime I have already experienced so much...laughter, pain, happiness, regret, pride, pure love, awe, gratitude and more.

Lucky, lucky me to have realized this so suddenly, so sincerely and so unforgettably.  Sweet epiphany it was. One sudden "intuitive perception" I will always keep close. Thank you, dear sweet ones, for opening my eyes, heart and soul.

Signed-
One very plain and grateful older person ;)
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment